When: March 16, 2024 at 10:30am - March 17, 2024
Join us for a two-day virtual training for Service Providers in BC!
This two-day virtual training will be held on March 16 & 17 from 10:30AM-4:30PM PST.
This training is part of “Queering the Compass”, a project that aims to promote sexual and reproductive health within 2S/LGBTQIA+ communities and improve the capacity of healthcare workers and service providers who serve them. This training will address gaps in healthcare services and help empower healthcare professionals in providing inclusive care.
Doordash gift cards will be provided - 60 spots available!
To register: please RSVP and complete the survey included in your confirmation email by Friday, February 23rd.
Healthcare/Service provider professionals includes a variety of system actors who influence the sexual and reproductive health of 2SLGBTQ+ communities and include but are not limited to:
- Healthcare providers (Nurses, Physicians, Midwives, Doulas as well as any healthcare senior level students)
- Community-based organizations, Social Workers, Counsellors, technicians who work in SRH
- Elders and other cultural leaders
- Community advocates
This training will include one self-directed primer module and three core modules delivered over zoom.
Module 1: Primer Module (self-directed)
- This introductory module provides an adaptive baseline of knowledge on Positionality (including bias, cultural humility, and intersectionality); Unpacking 2S/LGBTQIA+ and other vocabulary related to gender, sexuality, and expression; and a brief introduction to the relevance of 2S/LGBTQIA+ communities and discussions of sexual and reproductive health.
Module 2: Abortion is Queer Reproductive Justice
- This module engages participants to learn ways to “queer up” abortion care in their practices and have actionable steps of how to be advocates or providers of queer-affirming abortion care.
Module 3: Fat Liberation is Queer Reproductive Justice
- This module explores the connections between fat liberation, reproductive justice, and 2S/LGBTQIA+ sexual and reproductive health, offering opportunities for critical reflection and collective skills-building towards weight-neutral approaches to 2S/LGBTQIA+ sexual and reproductive care.
Module 4: Queerly Growing Older: An Exploration of Senior Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare
- This module takes a critical look at the care currently being experienced by 2S/LGBTQIA+ seniors and provides participants with opportunities to critically reflect on these unique realities as they develop new perspectives and advance their care approaches.
Sorry, this event is sold out.