When: October 17, 2020 at 6:00pm - 8pm
VanDusen Botanical Garden
5251 Oak St
Vancouver, BC V6M 4H1
Google map and directions
Contact: Adrian · · 6044425745
Stop and smell the flowers! You're invited to join Mpowerment as we head to the VanDusen Botanical Garden! Meet up and make real connections with other queer and trans youth in the area. We’ll be enjoying the lush garden, taking our chance in the MAZE, and having nice chat! All for FREE!!
You can add Garden Social to your Facebook Calendar and invite friends by clicking the link below!
❤️ ❤️What to bring! ❤️ ❤️
❤️ Water bottle
❤️ Weather appropriate clothes and shoes
This event will be taking place on the ancestral, unceded and occupied territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh and Tsleil-Waututh nations.
Mpowerment is a space for queer and trans young people ages 16 to 29 years old to meet, have fun and support each other in making informed decisions about our sexual health!
We are committed to reducing stigma related to HIV and to building communities where we feel safe talking about the highs and lows of sex, drugs, relationships and all the things that bring us pleasure.
Make sure to follow us on our social media to stay in the loop for upcoming events!
- This event is FREE and open to queer and trans youth ages 16-29 years old living in or connected to the Lower Mainland.
- We will be practicing physical distancing (2 meters) and avoiding close contact.
- We will have hand sanitizer and single-use masks available. Attendees are welcome to bring their own masks and gloves at their comfort.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible at the moment but some trails will be uneven
- Transit passes available for folks if needed.
This event will be led by one of our coordinators, Adrian. If your needs to access this event are not mentioned above, please contact Adrian at [email protected] for more information.
Sorry, this event is sold out.