When: December 06, 2018 at 6:00pm - 9pm
568 Seymour St Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, BC V6B 3J5
Google map and directions
Contact: Amanda · · 604 688 1441
This event takes place on the traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, səl̓ilwətaɁɬ, and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Nations.
Culture is Healing is a monthly event by and for Indigenous youth to come together to share our culture and have great discussions about things like holistic well-being, harm reduction, sexuality, sexual health, HIV, and Hep C. This is a gender affirming space, and we welcome Indigenous youth with all identities to join us for Culture is Healing.
This December, come join us for a night of traditional storytelling with our Elder Val! We will also be beading and making medicine bags, moon-time bags, and condom pouches while we listen to Elder Val’s stories.
Yúusnewas will be providing dinner for all participants to share a meal as we enjoy stories and culture. If you have any dietary needs, please let us know so we can ensure there is food available for you. Contact us at [email protected]
This is a free event for all self-identified Indigenous people between the ages of 14 - 29!
- Youth of all sexualities, genders, abilities are welcome to join us.
- We are able to provide bus tickets at the event, and may be able to get bus tickets to you before the event if needed. Please let us know.
- Our space is on the second floor, and there is an elevator available. We have two all gender washrooms, one of which has wheelchair accessibility.
- On site childcare is available upon request. Please let us know if you would like childcare, and the age(s) of any children you are bringing.
- This is a scent-reduced event. We do smudge and use medicine that can have scent. Please give us as much notice as possible if smudging or medicine use may aggravate scent sensitivities.
- If you want to let us know about any other access needs, dietary restrictions, or childcare needs, you can email us at [email protected] We would love to make our event accessible for all who want to attend.