Skip to main content
We can ask people that we know for recommendations and their experiences. Here are some ways to start this conversation:
- “Hey, I’m struggling to find a good GP. Do you have any suggestions?”
- “I’m helping a friend who wants an ADHD diagnosis. Do you know where they could look?”
We can also reach out to our communities (e.g. Facebook groups, organizations) to get more information. Here are some example posts:
- [Online] “Info request: Does anyone have recommendations for a doctor? Here are some things that are important to me: Not fatphobic, QTIBIPOC, sex-positive
- [Online] “Looking for a queer counsellor in the Prince George area for sliding scale services. Any recommendations?
We may feel more comfortable seeking services from practitioners who share our perspectives on health.
- For instance, many folks are interested in naturopaths and acupuncturists for their connections to holistic health.
- If available, we can also search for information that might align with our needs on practitioner websites (e.g. cultural backgrounds, approaches, etc.)