Yúusnewas is looking for volunteers!
Our volunteer positions look like helping us co-facilitate conversations around HIV + Hep-C, Sexual Well-being, Harm Reduction, Decolonization and Anti-Oppression. We also hold cultural nights where we come together and eat some good food and share teachings around traditional arts and crafts. For these events we'll be looking for volunteers to help us with set up/take down, a greeter to help newcomers orient themselves to our space, childcare, and as part of a focus group to decide what future events to host! We'll also need help with outreach beforehand. Lots of opportunities available!
We’re looking for volunteers who are . . .
- Excited for conversations about sex, drug use, and risk reduction strategies
- Open-minded, non-judgmental, and supportive of all genders and sexualities
- Excited to learn about anti-oppression and decolonization
- Comfortable speaking with groups of youth, or eager to learn
- Between 15 and 29 years old
- Self-Identifying Indigenous person with ancestry from Turtle Island (North America)
- Available once a month for our volunteer meet up
Follow these simple steps:
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join us for a casual interview!
- Participate in Core Training (January 13-14, 2018)