Where can I get tested?


There are lots of places we can get tested for HIV, Hep C, and/or STIs: our doctor, a walk-in clinic, a hospital, or a sexual health or youth clinic. Our first choice is always a youth clinic, because the people who work in these spaces are pros at talking to youth! If we go to a doctor, we'll usually have to go to a separate lab to provide the samples. At a clinic, we'll be able to provide our samples and talk to a nurse in the same place!

The Smart Sex Resource website has a clinic finder that shows us a map of clinics throughout British Columbia, including when they are open and what kinds of services they provide. For example, if we want a rapid HIV test, we can search for clinics that offer this kind of test.

We also may be able to sign up to get STI tests without going to a clinic if we live in certain parts of BC. Learn more about the GetCheckedOnline program here.

YouthCO's office is located on the unceded traditional territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh and Tsleil-Waututh people. Our programs take place on unceded, ancestral, and traditional territories of many Indigenous nations across what is now called BC.

YouthCO believes that all youth have the right to accessible and affirming information about our health. We also know each of us has a unique relationship to our bodies, sex, sexuality, substance use, and harm reduction. For many of us, the words other people use for our bodies and their functions are not the words we use for ourselves. Throughout our website, YouthCO uses words for bodies and sex that we know will not reflect the full diversity of our communities. We have tried to, where possible, be as expansive with our language as we know how to while being as specific as possible. As youth leading the HIV movement, we too are learning about the best words for our experiences and do not do this perfectly. We invite any feedback about the language used on our website to help us move forward in the best ways for all youth in our communities!