YouthCO is inviting HIV and/or Hep C positive youth and their guests from across British Columbia to join us on February 8th in celebration of love, life and romance for those of us living with HIV/Hep C. Join us for a delicious catered brunch at YouthCO, with music and positive vibes.
We will take care of all the food, transportation, and childcare needs so youth living with HIV/Hep C can fully celebrate during this time. Please let us know of any dietary needs, transportation needs, or childcare requests along with your RSVP!
YouthCO is able to support youth from across BC to attend this event:
- We are able to offer bus tickets, gas money, and/or rideshares for youth in the Lower Mainland!
- We are able to cover the cost of ferries, planes and/or gas money for youth living outside the Vancouver area!
- We can offer childcare as part of our event and/or provide funding to cover childcare costs required to attend.
If you would like to attend and live outside the Lower Mainland, let us know as soon as possible and we can work with you to make travel arrangements at no cost to you.
- We are able to book flights up to and including January 13. Let us know before then if you would like to join us and need a flight in order to do that!
- For rideshares in the Lower Mainland, get in touch with us by January 31.
- We will have bus tickets available at YouthCO during the event. If you need a bus ticket in advance, get in touch and we can make sure that happens.
RSVP by Friday January 31st, 2020 (to ensure a ride/travel assistance to and from the event, as well as a seat at brunch, and to let us know of any other access needs!)
- Jessica Vielle - email@example.com
- Samira Mahoro - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Chown - email@example.com
Women living with HIV have been celebrating Love Positive Women with Valentines Day as a backdrop since 2013. This celebration has been organized across the globe, and YouthCO has participated over the past few years. Love Positive Women is a "platform for individuals and communities to engage in public and private acts of love and caring for women living with HIV. Going beyond romantic love to deep community love and social justice, LPW is call to action."
This year, YouthCO is using this global event to invite youth living with HIV of all genders to celebrate ourselves and each other during a season of love and romance, and to claim our space among those celebrating Valentines Day, all the while creating our own narratives of love and romance. Inspired by the LPW movement, Positive Romance focuses on relationships of all kinds that those of us living with HIV/Hep C hold dear.