Our Peer Facilitation Team is accepting new members!
The Peer Facilitation Team (aka the PFT) is a group of awesome youth who facilitate fun and interactive workshops about sexual health, harm reduction, and HIV and Hep C in high schools and community groups across Metro Vancouver.
We’re looking for volunteers who are . . .
- Excited to facilitate conversations about sex, drug use, and risk reduction strategies
- Open-minded, non-judgmental, and supportive of all genders and sexualities
- Excited to learn about anti-oppression and decolonization
- Comfortable speaking with groups of youth, or eager to learn
- Punctual, reliable, and responsive to emails, texts, or phone calls
- Willing to travel throughout Metro Vancouver to attend workshops (Bus tickets are provided on request)
- Between 15 and 29 years old
- Able to commit to volunteering 6-15 hours/month, including:
- PFT meetings, the third Thursday of every month from 6:30-9:30pm
- 1-3 workshops every month (usually during school hours, between 9:00am and 3:00pm)
Sound like you? Join the PFT in four easy steps!
- Email your application (available as a PDF file or Word file) to GhadaD@youthco.org
- Join us for a casual interview!
- Participate in Core Training (January 13-14, 2018) or commit to attending one in the next 6 months
- Join us for Facilitation Training (date TBD)