YouthCO has a needle exchange and harm reduction program open from 10:00 – 5:00 Monday – Friday. We’ve also got some helpful information about how to prevent HIV and Hep C from being passed, and on using drugs safely.
- Taste before you use
- Always use with a buddy
- Use a new needle for each injection
- It’s not safe to break off the tip of the needle or re-cap it
- If you haven’t used in a while, reduce your dose
- Protect yourself and your community – dispose of your equipment safely, preferably in a sharps bin
- Avoid sharing straws or bills
- Rinse the inside of your nose before and after railing by dabbing your fingers in water and sniffing until you feel water running down the back of your throat
- After railing, consider applying vitamin E oil to your nostrils to aid in the healing process
- Smoke in a safe space with people that you trust
- Inhale slowly and exhale immediately – don’t hold it in
- Know your limits – once you’re high, stop smoking
- Keep your pipe clean by burning off the residue and then scrubbing it with alcohol swabs
- Don’t be alarmed by feelings of extreme depression once you’re sober – it’s how your body may be reacting to the drug
I want to have fun without using drugs
- YouthCO plans social events, dance parties, and movie nights. Check out our events calendar for more info!
Was this helpful?
Like it? Share it!