This event takes place on the traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, səl̓ilwətaɁɬ, and Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Nations.
Culture is Healing - STI/HIV Testing and board games!
Yúusnewas is a Squamish word that means "taking care of each other" and one way we can do that is by getting tested regularly.
During this event we will have two nurses available to do confidential STI & HIV testing as well as our Peer Elder, Val Nicholson who is willing to sit in during testing sessions if desired.
This is a space where Indigenous youth can come together to share our culture and have great discussions about things like holistic well-being, harm reduction, sexuality, sexual health, HIV, and Hep C.
We have tons of board games here but if you have a favourite you'd like to bring, please feel free!
Food and drinks will be available all evening.
- This is a free event for all self-identified Indigenous people between the ages of 14 - 29 regardless of sexuality, gender, or abilities.
- Our space has an elevator and one wheelchair accessible washroom.
- We smudge inside so please give us 24 hours notice if you require a sent-reduced space.
- We are able to provide bus tickets for those that need them.
- If you have any dietary restrictions, access, or childcare needs you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org